Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
Krash69
My Device: Not Specified

Streaming Video

I am not new to programing but I am new to programing for a blackberry so you will have to bear with me if some of my questions dont make sense. I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100  running version 4.2.0.64 and I cant stream video from YouTube type sites. So I was wondering if this is a limitation of my phone, the Browser, or something else. Just FYI I do most of my developing on Windows XP SP.2, and Visual Studios 2008. I was thinking of developing an application to stream video using a java based video player or something similar. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help

~Rick
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Streaming Video

Video streaming is not supported in BlackBerry handheld software version 4.2.0.  It is available in version 4.5.0 so please check your carrier's web site to see if they have made an upgrade available for you.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
marchywka
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Streaming Video

See some of my other posts on the topic. If you have enough BW to stream, you may be able to do streaming

in java without specific "support." Of course, there could be frame rate limitations etc. There do exist

MPEG applets that run fine in browsers on dektops and I have used the helix server (IIRC, can't remember if

I got this to work of just used a custom approach which I know did work )  to strem

to a Nokia 6620 using only available "stuff" no special streaming support.

Please use plain text.