Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
amsiddh
My Device: Not Specified

Supported javascript MouseEvent objects on Blackberry Device on below 4.6 OS Versions.

we have devloped an web appln with perl, javacript,css,html.where as perl code is used to draw the graph and that graph is shown in the browser with the help of javascript and css.we have used javascript MouseEvent (onmouseover) to move the line on graph with respect to mouse arrow.

http://www.menloware.com/cgi-bin/gen_graph.pl   check this url  for appln  graph

Now the problem is

---this appln works fine in Mozilla,IE browsers+BB device bold device os4.6.

---But in BB device 8210 OS 4.5 it shows the graph with  line but it not performing any action of mouseEvent and in 8330 simulator even it dn't show any graph also.

We want this should also work on BB device 8330 and below os 4.6 versions.

the problem may be due to browser os compatiblity where it dn't support the javascript MouseEvent (onmouseover) bez in BlackBerry Browser JavaScript Reference pdf it written as MouseEvents  Availability BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.6 and later.

I searched on internet where i can use other MouseEvents for lower versions but i dnt got any info on net. plz let me know is there any alternative to javacript MouseEvents for below 4.6 os version or this mouseEvent facility is provided in any lower versions by RIM and is there any doc or pdf which provides list of supported javascript objects for below 4.6 os versions.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Supported javascript MouseEvent objects on Blackberry Device on below 4.6 OS Versions.

hello,

below 4.6, there is no dynamic javascript. Once the webpage has finished being loaded, the only javascript possible are for forms or alert() .

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.