Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Administrator
MSohm
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Surfing the net through the BB Simulator

What is your path environment variable set to (not classpath)?  Does it have this entry at the begining?

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\bin;

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
chico95

Hi Mark,

My path wasn't set correctly.  So I changed to the following, then restarted my computer... still the same behaviour, cmd prompt closes instantly.

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\bin;C:\Program Files\PHP\;C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\IXOS\bin;C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\;C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin;C:\Program Files\PHP;

Anything else? :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Chirag

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Carrier: Bell

Please try clearing your CLASSPATH or removing the "QTJava.zip" entry.  You can do this within the run.bat batch file that is used to start the MDS Simulator (set CLASSPATH=).

I have seen instances where a conflicting library can cause issues with the MDS Simulator.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
chico95

Hi Mark,

So I removed the zip file from the classpath environment variable.  That didn't do the trick.  But when I opened up the run.bat file I saw that it refered to %JAVA_HOME% \bin\java

And my JAVA_HOME already had the \bin in the variable name, so it probably wasn't finding the java command to start it up.  Now it works!!!!

Thanks,

Chirag :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.