Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Regular Contributor
Sonic63
My Device: playbook, storm, curve

Tablet OS Graphical Aid, error

I have been compiling webworks apps for a while on Windows 7 using the BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid. Yesterday it stopped signing apps, it will compile them but not if they are to be signed. 

I upgraded to the latest version of the Graphical Aid but still get the error. I installed the latest version of Java yesterday and I wonder of that is the problem?

[INFO] Parsing command line options
[ERROR] Invalid command line parameters
bbwp version 2.2.0.5 Copyright(C) 2010 Research In Motion
http://www.blackberry.com/developers

Regular Contributor
Sonic63
My Device: playbook, storm, curve

Re: Tablet OS Graphical Aid, error

I can sign and package the app in Ripple, no problem.

New Contributor
SaturnX
My Device: Bold 9780 / Playbook 64GB WiFi

Re: Tablet OS Graphical Aid, error

I was just playing around with the Blackberry Graphical Aid V2.6.6 and the Webworks SDK for Tablet OS 2.2.0.5 and was experiencing the same behaviour as you.

I could build the app, but when I attempted to sign it, the Output would show the equivalent of running bbwp.exe without parameters.

I checked the source code of the Graphical Aid and it's an issue with the arguments that are passed for the Build ID.

Here's what the source code reads:

if (useBuildID.selected)
{
args.push("--buildId");
args.push(buildID.value);
}

The issue lies with the fact that bbwp.exe is expecting "-buildId" (note only one dash instead of two).

I ended up just entering the command manually in command prompt and compiled/signed my app with no problems.

Hope that explains the issue.

Cheers.