Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Tablet Signing Error

I am trying to sign my Playbook application and am getting "manifest error: Invalid value '1.0.3.1.0' for Package-Version [ERROR] signing failed."

I looked in my config.xml and don't see that version anywhere.  Does anyone know what they are talking about here?  I also don't see "Package-Version" anywhere.

New Developer

Re: Tablet Signing Error

Okay so I figured out where the package-version is coming from. It is in the widget version which I defined as 1.0.0.   When signing I say that the buildId is 1.0 but it is still saying the same error.  What does this error mean?

New Developer

New update...I changed the version from 1.0.0 to just 1.0 and that seemed to fix it.

Now I am getting:

[INFO]              Starting signing tool
barsigner error: ZIP file must have at least one entry
[ERROR]             Signing failed

if I look in the zip my app is in there...not sure what the issue is.

Developer
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Whats the content of your config.xml?

New Developer

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets" xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets" version="1.0" rim:header="RIM-Widget:rim/widget">
  <name>my app</name>
  <description>my description</description>
  <author rim:copyright="2010">my name</author>
  <feature id="blackberry.ui.menu" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
  <feature id="blackberry.app" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
  <feature id="blackberry.invoke" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
  <feature id="blackberry.invoke.BrowserArguments" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
  <feature id="blackberry.invoke.MessageArguments" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
  <icon rim:hover="false" src="myicon.png"/>
  <icon rim:hover="true" src="myicon.png"/>
  <content src="index.htm"/>
</widget>

here is how I am signing:

del C:\myapp\build\myapp.zip
cd C:\myapp
7z a build/myapp.zip -x!.project -x!.project -xr!.settings

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayBook\bbwp
bbwp C:\myapp\build\myapp.zip -gcsk mypass -gp12 mypass -buildId 1.0 -o C:\myapp\build

Developer

The problem is the way you zipped your file here.

You have to zip the individual files rather than zipping the folder. That is the reason why you get this error.

See this thread it has a long discussion regarding this problem:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/webworks-compile-sketchPad-example-stuck/m-p/...

hope that helps

--------------------------------------------------
problemSolved() ? kudosPlease():kudosPlease();
Developer

He does seem to cd into myapp folder and then running 7z to zip...but perhaps you are right.. may be zipping up a folder and placing the target zip inside the same folder you are trying to zip is a problem?

New Developer

I am not sure what you mean, but the content of my zip at the root is it contains files and not a folder with the files underneath.  I think you are saying that the root of the zip should contain the config.xml and application files.  That is how mine is structured.  I browsed the zip.  What should be in the zip file that it is looking for?  Also in the build directory there is nothing.

-root
   --index.html
   --config.xml
   --images <folder>
   --build <folder> <empty>
   --js <folder>

Any help would be appreciated.  Today is the last day to submit for the free Playbook and I have been stuck on this for a week! eeks!

Developer

Submit a version without signing it. You can always go add a new version that is signed.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold & Pearl
My Carrier: Telecom NZ

I'm thinking it will take them a few days to get through the last minute deluge for the free playbook offer, you can hopefully get another cert and replace the BAR file before they get to it, if not send them an email explaining the situation - I'm sure alot of developers will be in the same boat.