Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Telephone Number / Direct Connect Detection in a Web Page

Does a Blackberry have the ability to detect a telephone number or direct connect number in a web page and then call it or alert it with minimal effort?

We're developing an on-line company telephone directory and have an interest in the Blackberry users being able to call or alert from it when viewed on their BB.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Telephone Number / Direct Connect Detection in a Web Page

they do, but you can also use a A element with an href that contains a wtai:// URI.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devjournals/resources/journals/oct_2004/wml_101.jsp

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

So based on the documentation it looks like the number doesn't have to be displayed if a person's name is encapsulated in an anchor tab?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

if you use a URI then it's like regular HTML. The href attribute of the A element can be different from the TextNode inside the A element.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: