Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
developer123
My Device: Not Specified

Text Alignment Issues

<div class="copy">
			<p>
			Text
			<br/>
			Text
			<br/>
			</p>
		</div>

.copy{

font-weight: normal;

font-size: medium;

font-family: Arial, Verdana, Geneva, Helvetica, sans-serif;

}

I'm seeing my BlackBerry 8310 indent the first line of certain pieces of text, as you can see from above the text is in a <div> and then paragraph tag. It also display the same behavior without the <p> tag.  I don't understand why it's indenting the text. 

Please use plain text.
Administrator
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Text Alignment Issues

Thanks for your question.  Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce the formatting behaviour you have described on an 8310 browser (v4.5.0.90 of the handheld software) using the HTML and CSS provided.

I notice there is a separation in your html snippet in the same location where you are describing an indentation (between the opening paragraph tag and the first instance of the word "Text").  Can you verify in your HTML source whether there is a presence of any character entities or in this location?

Holding the ALT key and typing RBVS will show view the source of your page from the BlackBerry Browser which may also reveal what may be causing the indentation.

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.