Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
lawrenceong
My Device: Not Specified

Text Disappearing when Scrolling

Hello,

I'm not sure if anyone has encountered this, but I am experiencing a very weird problem --

Firstly, here's the platform information:

Blackberry 8320/8310 

Javascript & Stylesheet enabled 

Font family left at default setting

And the application information:

table based data with CSS

The data that's displayed shows up nicely formatted, and all's well when you click on the scroll bar to move. However, when the trackball is used to scroll, sometimes the text would look like it's broken up, other times it would completely disappear.  

This behaviour actually surfaced during our testing on the emulator, but I had assumed that it may be an emulator bug so simply ignored it. It was only when we moved to physical unit test that we noticed the exact same problem. 

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks

Lawrence 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Text Disappearing when Scrolling

What BlackBerry handheld software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.  Can you provide a URL to a sample page that triggers this behaviour?
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
lawrenceong

hi Mark,

the Blackberry is a 8320, and the simulator is v2.9.0.56 which I downloaded off the website a couple of weeks ago. I can't send you the url as it's internal to the organization as this time, but I can send you screenshots -- alternatively I can also send you the static html that was generated, as well as the CSS if there's one. I also have screenshots for this.

thanks

Lawrence 

MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

A link to the static HTML is fine and screenshots would help.  The version you list is of the BlackBerry Simulator tool itself, not the version of BlackBerry handheld software it is simulating.  This should be something like 4.5.0.123.  What BlackBerry handheld software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
dsilver829

I am experiencing this problem on the BlackBerry 8130 on AT&T, with our page at http://m.mspot.com.  When I scroll up and down the page, text disappears or gets cut off.  If the text is part of a link, then it will appear when I scroll over the missing portion.  Also, sometimes the text just reappears after a little bit.  Sometimes not.