Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
Nexent1
My Device: 8300
My Carrier: Bell

Textarea tag not working on 6.0.0.526 - 9300 Curve

The TextArea tag is not rendering correctly on the 9300 Curve version 6.0.0.526.  This issue seems to be unique to this version right now.  The textarea is not rendering the column properly.  Is there a fix for this or does RIM have a recommended solution / workaround for this issue?  See the issue below:

Taxtarea Tag Rendering Issue

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Textarea tag not working on 6.0.0.526 - 9300 Curve

Hi there,

When you say unique to this version, do you mean that you haven't been able to produce this issue on other OS 6 devices or other builds of the 9300?

Also, could you please provide a sample source snippet for how you are adding the textarea to your HTML page?

Erik Oros

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nexent1

We tested other version 6 devices and did not see this issue.  We tried a 9700 device and it worked fine.  We did not test other 9300 version, but this issue can be replicated with the Simulator for the model we specified.  The following is a code snippet for the textarea tag.

<tr>                 

<td colspan="4" valign="top" class="nonHeader"  width="100%">

<b>Work Performed:</b><br>

<textarea name="txtWorkPerformed" id="txtWorkPerformed" cols="50" rows="3" class="multilinemodetext"><%=Trim( rsSavedData("memWorkPerformed"))%></textarea>

</td>

</tr>

Regards,

Robert

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nexent1

Hello,

I was curious if you were able to replicate this iss and if you had any advice?  I need to provide a solution to a customer using that device so any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,

Robert

Please use plain text.
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi Robert,

Does the customer happen to have access to any newer OS versions available for the 9300? (This would be dependant on their carrier.)

If so, it would be best to verify whether they still see the issue there. Based on your description, this is looking very much like an OS-specific issue.

Erik Oros

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
g0ehu
My Device: 9860 and 32GB Playbook
My Carrier: O2 UK

I also had this issue on a 9800 running this OS version. Reverted back to .450 and all was OK. Have upgraded since and not seen it again.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nexent1

That is a good approach.  I will recommend our customer try the same to see if an older version will resolve this issue.  Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.