Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

The errors in cmd prompt when tried to build a App on ripple webworks SDK 2.3.5 when signing BlackBerry 7 and earlier apps

[ Edited ]

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5>bbwp C:\apps

[ERROR] <bbwp.exe> Failed to find java.exe

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5>cd bin

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5\bin>java -ja
r SignatureTool.jar [client-RBB-2041844].csi
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5\bin>

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: The errors in cmd prompt when tried to build a App on ripple webworks SDK 2.3.5 when signing BlackBerry 7 and earlier apps

Hi there,

Have you added the following path to your System Environment Variable (PATH)?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_45\bin

Of course, your JDK version may be slightly different, but it must be JDK6 and it must be 32-bit. You will need to restart your console window after making environment variable changes.

If you are not sure, can you please open a console, execute the following:
java -version

And share the resulting output with us?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Developer

Re: The errors in cmd prompt when tried to build a App on ripple webworks SDK 2.3.5 when signing BlackBerry 7 and earlier apps

Only   JDK6  accepted ?

I have have the following                  

java version  1.7.0_25     as in cmd prompt

C:\Users>cd..

C:\>java -version
java version "1.7.0_25"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_25-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

Thanks

Developer

Yes oros    I have un installed the JD7 version completely and installed JDK6  freshly.

Now I have checked also

C:\Users>cd..

C:\>java -version
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode, sharing)

I have set the Environment variable PATH also as    "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\bin"

But Ia  seeing totally as   "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\"

as I have many things   also    installed  already on my PC

I iwll restart  my pc    and let u know

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

That looks okay. As long as the JDK path is near the beginning (which it is) it would get referenced first and you shouldn't hit any issues. Let us know what the console output is now that you're using JDK6. Just to confirm, did you install the 32-bit version of the JDK? (We require the 32-bit version.)

If your computer has the C:\Program Files (x86) folder then that would indicate you've installed the 64-bit version and you'll need to uninstall / install the 32-bit version.

If your computer only has C:\Program Files, then that indicates you have a 32-bit machine and you could only install the 32-bit version in the first place (i.e. everything is okay.)

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.