Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

To show any image instead of browser and play the video directly after few secs.

How to show a image when clickked on the channel image i.e suppose I have my TV channel images parsed from the xml for a Live TV web app.

I want to showa background image after clicking on the channel image before showing the web browser or without showing the web browser to the users.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: To show any image instead of browser and play the video directly after few secs.

Have you looked at using an HTML5 video tag?

You can set the poster attribute to be an image URL which will be displayed until the video starts.

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/apis/htmlvideoelement.html

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Developer

Re: To show any image instead of browser and play the video directly after few secs.

[ Edited ]

Hi twindsor,

If that is the case and   there is a possibility to hide/skip    the url or browser page.  can u please help me with a

sample app where and How  the HTML video tag is implemented

please give me the implemenation  method. Can I get ur skype id etc when u will be online?

I'd recommend this resource for HTML5 video tags: http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/video/basics/

And you can get started developing a webworks application following the information on this site: https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/getting_started_with_bb10_ww_sdk_2007056_11.htm...

I don't use Skype, but there are plenty of people and my colleagues here in the forums every day to help you out. If you follow the steps, you should be going soon, and it's usually better to try things out and learn from what doesn't work.

Tim Windsor
Developer

I want to inform you that Iam building html5 app for BB 7.0 OS and not for 10.0 OS

shall I give my code and can u implement ful screen api for me .

Developer

Hi twindsor  is there any way to hide the url in a html5 app        by     writing any code in .html etc .

How about iframes ?

Using video tag or image tag seems difficult than iframe etc because there is no trouble paying the video. My vidoe is playing already but after  the browser page with the url which I want to skip.

So you are opening a webpage in the browser that contains an iframe, and the iframe points to another site that plays a video?

If you make a WebWorks application, and put the webpage code inside the app instead of on a web server, then there will be no browser url shown.

Tim Windsor
Developer

Can u please be brief on ur  advice below

If you make a WebWorks application, and put the webpage code inside the app instead of on a web server, then there will be no browser url shown.

I have PMed u anyhow muy code etc.

How to implement iframes?

Developer

Iam waiting for your reply twindsor.

Did you read the getting started materials that I posted above?

Try starting with this page if you'd like an overview of what WebWorks applications are:

http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/what_is_a_webworks_app_1845471_11.html

Tim Windsor