Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
bhatia_richa1
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Tool to be used for developing Mobile based Websites

Hello, Can anyone let me know as which tool an be used to develop animations for mobile specific websites? Can i used Flash? Please suggest me Thanks Best Regards, Richa Bhatia
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Tool to be used for developing Mobile based Websites

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately you cannot use Flash in a mobile web page.  You have a couple of options for BlackBerry.

1) Animated Gifs

2) SVG

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
bhatia_richa1

Thanks for replying dear. Actually i want to create a website for mobiles that can be opened on almost all the Mobiles i.e. Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Android etc. using any browser. And the requirement is to create an animation for the web page. I also studied about Flash Lite. So, can i use this tool or some other one. I am using Windows XP Please reply the animation tools and other languages that i have to use for developing a mobile website. Thanks, Best Regards, Richa Bhatia
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

If you are looking for Animation across multiple mobile browsers you are pretty much going to have to stick to Animated Gifs.

Some mobile browsers support Flash Lite, but that technology has been dropped for full Flash 10.  Flash 10 support in mobile browsers is expected to start rolling out in 2010.  There are only a handful of mobile browsers that had initial support for Flash Lite support

Some mobile browsers support SVG, and some support Canvas for programmatic drawing via JavaScript. 

Unfortunately there isn't a single animation technology that fits all except for simple animated gifs.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
bhatia_richa1

Thanks a lot for helping me

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.