Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
TheOncomingStorm
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Virgin
Accepted Solution

Total Noob question....

...what do I need to package up am HTML5 application to be able to upload it to App World? I feel like I'm going round in circles downloading bits and pieces from all over. When I came across having to pay 249 for something from Adobe I gave up and backtracked. 

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong, or do I indeed need this Adobe Flash gubbins?

Getting Eclipse installed and running properly was a complete breeze compared to this malarkey :smileyhappy:

Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bgibbons
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Total Noob question....

Take a look at https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/.  All the info you need is there.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
TheOncomingStorm

Do I need to buy Adobe Air 2.7 to develop for the Playook? The site says 'download this, download that' which I've done, but have hit an impasse and seem to be going round in circles.

If I do have to fork out $249 on Adobe Air then I'm not going any further because, basically, I can't afford it! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bgibbons
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

You do not need to purchase anything. Download the Air SDK and WebWorlks SDK. Both free.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
TheOncomingStorm

Thank you. I'm making headway again after a rest and another read of the instructions. Its years since I've used anything other than Windows and its made me lazy!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
swcrusade
My Device: Playbook + 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I found a web blog called the bored wookie, which had a three part series on how to use the web works sdk.  Part 1 is:

http://boredwookie.net/index.php/blog/develop-playbook-applications-using-tablet-os-sdk-ripple/

And there are links on that page to the other 2 articles to help you package the app, as well as how to get it signed, and submitted!

Please use plain text.