Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Heiko
My Device: Playbook

Touch events with Ripple Emulator and WebWorks

[ Edited ]

Hi

Anybody know if its possible to simulate touch events with the ripple emulator.

I can get touch events in the simulator, but would like to do initial testing on the emulator.

I would also like to test on playbook without always compiling app - but will create new post for that query.

tnx, H.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
brentlintner
My Device: Required Field

Re: Touch events with Ripple Emulator and WebWorks

Hi,

Touch event emulation should be working for WebWorks in Ripple. If this is not the case for you please let me know!

Also, only single touch emulation is supported at the moment. Multi touch support is on the roadmap. :-)

Please use plain text.
Developer
Heiko

Hi Brent 

Tried running SwipeDownMenu sample from ripple emulator and it breaks giving me the Don't Panic page.

The link was already pre-configured so when I launch it in chrome browser it runs via ripple and fails.

When I disable it it runs fine.

Maybe I need to somehow reset the old emulator settings ?

.H

Please use plain text.
Developer
Heiko

Also I tried running the http://rippledemo.tinyhippos.com/phonegap/accel/index.html?enableripple=true demo app

but don't see the Accelerometer Panel in Ripple Emulator.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
brentlintner
My Device: Required Field

Hmmm... 

In regards to the SwipeDownMenu app, I am not sure where it is (I will look around myself), but do you know where I could get the code to see if I can reproduce the issue? Thanks! :-)

Also, when you could not see the Accelerometer UI control, were you on the Webworks platform? Currently the ability to manipulate HTML5 APIs such as W3C Acceleration (DeviceMotion) is not yet supported on WebWorks (but is on the Roadmap). Only PhoneGap/WAC Accelerometer APIs are currently supported and will show the Accellerometer UI controls.

Cheers,

Please use plain text.
Developer
Heiko

Yes I was in the Webworks platform selection - thus will have to wait for it to be released :smileysad: Thanx. As for the SwipeDownMenu - I will see if I can create a reduced sample app that breaks - might even be able to pinpoint then.

Will get back to you.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Heiko

Brent.

Tried the emulator again on swipedown menu and it now works. Only thing I can think of that changed recently is that I upgraded Chrome - think Chrome was half way updated and waiting for me to close existing windows - and once that was done then got then all working fine.

(unfortunately don't have previous chrome version, current version is: 12.0.742.122)

tnx, h.

Please use plain text.