Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
jeevantakhar
My Device: PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Transferring keys to a new computer

Hello,

I am looking to sign PlayBook apps on a new computer. I've installed the WebWorks for PlayBook SDK, and transferred over sigtool.p12 to /bbwp/bin. I've also copied barsigner.csk to ~/Library/Research In Motion/.

Unfortunately when signing applications I now receive the following error:

barsigner error: Certificate chain not found for: RDK.  RDK must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.

How do I solve this? I do not mind requesting new keys if need be, but would this prevent current users of my app from updating?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
praveen_rajan
My Device: Playbook

Re: Transferring keys to a new computer

Please use plain text.
Developer
jeevantakhar

[ Edited ]

Hi Praveen,

Thank you for your reply. I've carried out the instructions in the document and the same error occurs. Note that the packager doesn't even attempt to sign unless sigtool.p12 is in /bbwp/bin/ ("Cannot sign application - failed to find signing keys").

Any ideas? I need to sign my apps urgently. Will signing with new keys cause problems for my install base?

Edit: There is no barsigner.db file present in the backup of my old machine. Could this be related to the previous SDK being the beta?

Please use plain text.
Developer
praveen_rajan
My Device: Playbook

I'm not sure if its the beta issue. Try creating a file barsigner.db with the following contents. Replace the X with the no present in your CSK files. Not sure if this will work out. Give it a try. Else you could sign it with new set of keys.

#Do not edit manually.  Generated automatically by RIM tools.
RDK=XXXXXXXXXXhttp\://www.rim.net/Websigner/servlet/RDK-Waterloo
PBDT=XXXXXXXXXXhttp\://www.rim.net/Websigner/servlet/PBDT-Waterloo

Please use plain text.
Developer
jeevantakhar

That fixed it, thank you! For anyone else having the same problem, the number you need is "client-RDK-xxxxxxxxx.csj".

Please use plain text.