Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Trusted Contributor
icecappacino
My Device: Not Specified

Tutorial "FIXED" top menu bars using CSS and scrolling DIV "trakpad/trackball"

Having seen the numerous issues with using "fixed" toolbars I just wanted to come up with a "sort of" workaround. This isn't a solution but hopefully someone else might improve on it and make it more of a "solution"

it involves using CSS overflow mousemove events setinterval and jqlite

using the tools I was able to make a div scroll using the position of the mouse using "mousemove" eventlisteners and using setInterval to loop a $(element).css('top':smileytongue:osition)  inside an overflow:hidden div untill the content reaches its end points in the overflow.

unfortunately this works with the config.xml user focus navigation unchecked and for trackball/trackpad devices. The scrolling isn't that terrifc either. 

I'm hoping though that it brings an idea to more seasoned developers in coming up with a definitive solution.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikebevz
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telenor Denmark

Re: Tutorial "FIXED" top menu bars using CSS and scrolling DIV "trakpad/trackball"

I have made similar solution using translateY, it works fine, but there is a problem: when the app returns from background state it takes 1-3 seconds for UI start responding to requests. Obviously it's only a partial solution.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rnbd12
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Tigo

Re: Tutorial "FIXED" top menu bars using CSS and scrolling DIV "trakpad/trackball"

can you show us the code ??

thanks
Please use plain text.