Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
mauzzamali
My Carrier: Aircel

Twitter login in Blackberry Playbook Application

Is there a possibility to add twitter login in Blackberry Playbook Application?

If so how can that be done? 

Please use plain text.
Administrator
astanley
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Twitter login in Blackberry Playbook Application

Check out Lemma for PlayBook - https://github.com/yllus/Lemma-for-the-BlackBerry-PlayBook

This is an Open Source Twitter application, created by Sylly Syed, that uses a JavaScript OAuth library and a custom JavaScript extension (named ChildBrowser, created by PolarMobile) to handle the Oauth authentication step.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mauzzamali
My Carrier: Aircel

Thanks for your reply, actually I have my an application developed using HTML5/ Webworks for BB playbook. I want to add a feature of facebook or twitter login, a button or link, which on clicking will take user to facebook or twitter login popup like we get in normal web application.

Actually I have added to Facebook login plugin, which displays the button, but onclicking the button it does not pops up the window like we get in normal web application.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
astanley
My Carrier: Bell

Unfortunately the issue with the Oauth experience for Web apps is that you first redirect to an external site, which redirects you back.

However in the context of a WebWorks application, there is no domain to redirect "back" to hence the tricky workarounds.

Lots of interest is out there in making this process easier - considering whether a custom JS extension can successfully abstract and solve this problem. Otherwise the ChildBrowser (which is also used by the "Canada's Got Talent" app - a WebWorks app in App World) extension does allow you to succssfully authenticate with an external oAuth.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
Developer
interfaSys
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

[ Edited ]

ChildBrowser is the way to go. It's easy to implement and can be customized to look like the rest of the app.

Bear in mind that doing client side oAuth on the PlayBook may get your credentials revoked by Twitter or Facebook if a PlayBook user decides to use or publish the keys found in your app.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Please use plain text.