04-09-2013 02:54 PM - edited 04-09-2013 03:51 PM
I'm a beginner in Webworks and I want to start create apps using this SDK. However I got some problem, here are what I'm using:
- OS: Win7 64
- Chrome: 26.x
- Webworks 184.108.40.206
- Ripple 0.9.13 (version 0.9.15 build service won't start at all)
- Emulators: Bb 9000, 9300 & 9900
Code to build (navigation mode: focus):
- My own: A simple html, css and js, I put "focus" selector on my css to links and buttons to change bg color while focusing.
- UIExample from "Webworks-Community-APIs" (Github)
- On Ripple: Both work happily like kitten finds a rope
- On Emulator (9300 & 9900): Focus is invisible (no button is hightlighted, no blue color or whatever it should be) so I don't know what link is currently selected. So I have to "count" how many times I press the up/down button to select button I wanted to.
- On Device (9300): same thing happened with those on emulators.
- What did I do wrong?
- How to fix this?
- I'm still searching for answers in Google & this forum.
04-18-2013 04:37 PM
It has been a week and nobody responded. I think it should be a basic problem in other dev platform.
I think I have to reconsider to develop on this platform.
04-19-2013 01:23 PM
Have you tried connecting with WebInspector to a sim or device running 6.0 or higher? That's the best way to test out what is happening.
It's important to note that Ripple is just running Chrome in a little window. It's not emulating the actual web engine that the device is running, and there will be differences, particularly since Chrome has probably advanced by 12+ versions since the webkit version that was put into those phones.