If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
GigaDon
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 1, Curve 2, Bold 5 and Storm 2
My Carrier: Airtel Nigeria

Unable to Install PlayBook SDK

Hi Everyone,

I am using a Windows 7 Ultimate system and every time I run the SDK installation file, it asks me to choose a temporary folder to extract files but never extracts. Please what can I do?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Unable to Install PlayBook SDK

Hi there,

I've asked a few of my colleagues and it seems the most likely culprit are the permissions on your system.

Can you please confirm whether you have UAC enabled on your system? You can check this by clicking Start, and typing uac into the search box, then hitting enter. What level is the UAC slider at?

Also, have you tried running the installer via Right-Click > Run as administrator?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GigaDon

Hi,

Thanks for the response! I have done exactly what you asked but I still get the same issue,even I tried installing the WebWorks 10 Simulator and that of the Tablet(Simulator ie) and they were all giving me the same issue. But I tried installing another software and it installed properly!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GigaDon

I found out also that when I right click on the .exe file an error or some sorta information pops up saying "Invalid size or check sum of file or unsupported compression format - Native error:00008. File processing error, possibly disk is full"

I deleted the file and the re-downloaded the file and still the issue arises! Please help my daily living depends on this.

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
oros

Can you please confirm the file size of the SDK installer you have? And just to verify, what level is UAC set at?

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GigaDon

The file size is 298MB and the UAC level is at Never Notify

Please use plain text.
oros

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Everything seems to look okay. If you have any antivirus software running, it may be worthwhile disabling it temporarily just to see if that makes a difference? I'm not sure why it would be blocked, but at this point it's worth a shot.

I also don't think it's needed for the installation, but can you please confirm which JDK/JRE you have installed? These can be found under C:\Program Files\Java and C:\Program Files (x86)\Java.

Would you be available for a Skype or web conference where we could do some desktop sharing? If so, please fire m a private message with your timezone and some times that would work for you and I'll try to make one of them work. Perhaps seeing the issue first-hand might spark some ideas.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GigaDon

Hi! Thanks a lot for your support much appreciated. I have been able to get the installation to work without shutting down my anti-virus. But a couple of other things have sprunged up while compiling for the tablet (and at this point I have to say I was able to compile sucessfully for both BBOS6,7 and 10 but the tablet version is giving me error. Here is the error I am getting:

Error: could not find JVM

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Seun\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.2433539531353065767963.tmp\Mansard.swf (The system cannot find the file specified)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.(init)(Unkown Source)

at net.rim.tumbler.file.FileManager.copyFile(FileManager.java:481)

at net.rim.tumbler.airpackager.AirPackager.run(AirPackager.java:232)

at net.rim.tumbler.WidgetPackager.go(WidgetPackager.java:152)

at net.rim.tumbler.WidgetPackager.main(WidgetPackager.java:77)

[Error]    Air Packager exception occurred

Now I understand the exception and all the error but what I understand is how to tackle it.

Then my Ripple as well gives me this crash page or it won't Enable if I navigate to the page on the address bar. Plus if I navigate using localhost:9910/SiteFolder/ it tells me "This webpage is not available"

Thank you for the support so far. At least now I can say I am forging ahead!

Please use plain text.
Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

Doesn't sound like you got it installed properly.  Sorry.  Need to try the exercise again.

What is the temporary folder that it wants to extract to OR rather what folder are you sending it to unzip in?

Where is the file you downloaded, on a networked drive or on a drive in your local pc?  ie: where are you trying to install it from?

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GigaDon

Hi The_Anomaly,

I have resolved the install issue!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.