12-16-2012 06:39 PM
I followed these steps but with java 7(Is this suppose to work?):
BBM Server Simulator README
1) Oracle Java SE 6
2) Oracle Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 6
Download from Oracle Java web site http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/down
Unzip jce_policy-6.zip and follow the installation instructions in README.txt to install the two policy jar files.
Steps to run BBM server simulator
1) run shortcut "Run BBM Server Simulator" to start BBM Server Simulator
2) Start BB10 client simulator
3) Run Controller, go to Connection | Connect, click the record of the BB10 client simulator you want to configure, click Connect
4) Go to Device | BBIO | Connect to BBM Server, specify port 3101, type the IP address of the machine where BBM Server Simulator runs. 192.168.1.3 for me
5) Run BBM in the client simulator.
Now this is my simulator device:
Thank you for your help.
12-18-2012 09:58 AM
It looks like the policy jar files weren't copied to the correct location for the instance of Java being used by the BBM Server Simulator. If you have multiple instances of Java installed it may be using a different one than where you copied the files to.
08-15-2013 08:53 AM
I'm sorry but I never solves this problem. I finally had access to a real device that has simplified my job.
But I do not know if it may be the solution but the problem I encountered is that I used the same blackberryid on one phone I had. There can not be two devices with the same blackberry id.