Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
tbowenwso
My Device: Simulators

Unable to connect to selected Mobile Data Device

Hi All,

A couple weeks ago, I downloaded and installed the MDS 4.1.4 and the simulator for the Blackberry Curve 8320, in order to test a web site we're building for mobile phones.  Testing has gone well until yesterday, I was always able to connect to our site fine through the simulator.

However, starting yesterday, whenever I try to connect to any web site, including the default Blackberry home page, I quickly receive the error, "Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later.  If the problem persists, please contact your administrator."

I can't think of anything that had changed prior to yesterday that would cause this.  I have closed down and restarted both the simulator and the MDS service, as well as rebooted my machine (Windows XP), all to no avail.

I've looked through other threads on this board, but have not found an answer.  In Mobile Network Options, Data Services is set to On, Mobile Network is set to Default EDGE Network, and Network Selection Mode is set to Automatic.  If I look at Service Status, the BlackBerry Internet Service Connection is listed as not connected.  Not sure if that is the issue and if so, how to change that.

Can somebody helpe me? 

Thanks,

Tom

New Contributor
tbowenwso
My Device: Simulators

Re: Unable to connect to selected Mobile Data Device

I should add that the simulator for the 8320 I'm using is 4.5.0.81.

Anyone know how I can troubleshoot this and start connecting again?  it was working fine until a couple days ago!