Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
New Developer
GH
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to load Video Splash Screen / Movie issue

It is popular to have a video splash screen for app these days. And that's the problem I am facing again.

We used WebWork to load up a video (H.264) and used the format which from the RIM doc.... the problem is...... after the video finished playing, it won't continue loading the HTML / Javascript.

The issue in RIM terms is:  "You cannot call HTML5 audio from a local source"   (http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/24046/BlackBerry_WebWorks_SDK-Release_Notes--1...

My question is:

1. So, is there anyother way we can load a video as the splash screen or we have to stick with a old fashion JPG?

2. Is this issue apply to Blackberry Smartphone (9800, 9780, 9900 etc) and Playbook?

3. Are there any other workaround that we can do to play a video splash screen using local file or there is an OFFICIAL way to do this?  Please note that in the documentation, it said "use an external source for audio or video"... that means asking the user to download the 5s videos from the web server?  This doesn't make any scense at all.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

GH

Retired
jeffheifetz
My Device: Bold

Re: Unable to load Video Splash Screen / Movie issue

Hi  ,

This issue was only on the 1.0 beta and should not be manifesting in the new SDK.

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
New Developer
New Developer
GH

We are currently developing the video splash screen for 9800 and 9780. Therefore we are using the SDK 2.0.0.18

I am guessing the SDK you mentioned "1.0 beta" is refer to Playbook right?

Any suggestion on how to resovle this issue for 9800 and 9780?

Tks.

GH

Retired
jeffheifetz

Hi ,

I was indeed referring to the tablet SDK. This problem simply shouldn't exist on the BlackBerry Smartphone. There is a new SDK out that I would reccomend updating to, but that shouldn't have any relation to your problem.

Could you please list the versions of 6.0 you are seeing the problem on?

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
New Developer
New Developer
GH

The version of 6.0 is using the latest bundle from the carrier in Hong kong (Three) already.

The new SDK for smartphone, are you referring to the 2.1.1 which should be out these few days and will able to fix this video splash screen problem?

The funny thing is we are able to load the video file from local storage, but after the video completed, it will not continue loading javascript or other things.   We have even tried to just use javascript alert to test whether the it will run... but still fail.

We are working with the HK alliance team on this issue but they are not able to provide us the solution of this yet. We are keep testing different "suggestion" from them but unlucky that all suggestion fail.

If the new 2.1.1 SDK for smartphone will able to resolve this then we will wait for this SDK 

Regards,

GH

Retired
jeffheifetz

Hi GH,

I don't know if the new SDK will fix this or not, I don't yet know the real issue. Would it be at all possible to post the code or if you're uncomfortable with that to PM me the code?