12-31-2008 04:25 PM
01-01-2009 02:24 PM
Try to do the following:
1. Disconnect your blackberry device from your desktop computer
2. Download device software from here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/devices/
3. Install it on your desktop computer.
4. Delete Vendor.xml located in folder where Blackberry OS has been installed.
5. Launch device simulator
6. Select from menu: Simulate-USB Connection
7. Start Blackberry Desktop Manager, it will recognize the simulator as a connecteed real device
8. Update device OS on the simulator.
01-05-2009 04:25 PM
Just noticed that it is not possible to upgrade simulator os in that way.
Instead, a BlackBerry Simulator with a newer version of handheld software can be downloaded from here:
01-05-2009 04:48 PM
01-05-2009 04:57 PM
Download Java Development Environment 4.7 Release.
It contains BB 9530 Storm Simulator with Device OS 126.96.36.199
You can download it here:
01-05-2009 06:46 PM
Yes...3.0.5. I also just tried Safari (for Vista)...same problem. I googled it and found another user with the problem. Scroll down to the bottom and read the second comment.