Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

APD
New Contributor
My Device: 9860

Update Upload Fails.

[ Edited ]

This a message I have sent to Vendor Support.

I am really waiting for a more or less comprehensive peply from them on this topic.

Maybe you guys will have some valueable imput as well.

"Hello!

Recently, when I was trying to upload an update for my WebWorks based application I ran into following issue:

I could not upload bar file for submission review. The reason is that I was using a different set of keys. The reason I requested the new set of keys is that the old ones where giving me "keys expired" message when i was trying to sign the bar file.

So here I am not being able to upload any updates to any of my applications compiled in a bar file format.

As it was mentioned somewhere in BlackBerry support forum trends the way to get around this is to upload an upgrade as a new application submission to APP World with the explanation note attached to it and people in review department will sort it all out.

So I did that, but there is nothing happening, pending review for couple of weeks, and after being a vendor for 2 years I know that this could go on for a long long time.

Please could you clearly state either one of the following:

1. For people who are lost there original signing keys there is no way to ever upload the upgrade to existing application signed with old keys.

2. For people who are lost there original signing keys there is another way to upload an update in the form of a bar file signed with new keys.

Step by step clear instructions how to do so would be greatly appreciated.

Because it is very frustrating to say  the least trying to figure out ever changing process of submitting an application to App World.

Thank you."

Don't get me wrong, I am always expecting something to go sideways wnen submitting aplication, I am used to it, all this scripts you have to write to compile webworks files, this hyppo thing still in beta and constantly crashing. 

Needless to say there still no stand alone signing tool ( for Mac anyway) from RIM after all this years.

Ohh! I could go on forever on this one.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: Update Upload Fails.

Why don't you request new keys and try signing the apps again? 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Step - by - step

1. Delete your existing certificates using the csk delete option

2. Request for new keys.

3. Register your new keys.

4. Sign your app using them and submit it as a new version.

Good Luck. 

APD
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thats the thing.

I had no desire to change my old keys. But in my case, when I was compiling I was getting "your keys expired" message.

So I did order a new set of keys, and the signing process when smooth.

But of course when time came to upload an updade, and as everybody knows you do it as new version to your existing application, App World just doesn't exept it. Because you have used different set of keys, different from the previouse version of your application. 

This only happens to .bar files though, .cod seems to be NOT affected by this.

So now I am stuck with no ability to upgrade 3 of my applications. And I know that one of them has a broken link in java script, and basically it doesn't work. So I am selling application that is not working the way it should be, and I don't feel good about it.

I can't upgrade them either, ...  well I am trying to figure out the way how.

APD
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is a reply from App World guys:

"Hello,

Thank you for your email.  I have removed the old PackageID from the system so you should be able to upload the new BAR file to the existing Up for Sale application. 

Kind Regards,
Ryan
Team Lead - Vendor Management, BlackBerry App World
Research In Motion Limited"

Thank you Vendor Management.