Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
mikemcsharry
My Device: Playbook

Using Simulator to mimic standard playbook

Hi folks

I'm technically a wee bit out of my depth looking at the terrific things the rest of you are doing here, so I hope this is the right place for this question.

I'm (very, very) keen to see Playbook in the hands of pupils in primary / elementary schools and I need to make some instructional videos. The best way I've found of getting a good quality recoding (not simple screen shots) of the playbook seems to be to run the simulator on a PC which also has camtasia

I have the simulator running on vmplayer but I don't know how to get the standard apps on there (the ones that come 'out of the box' with Playbook). Is this possible?

If not, is there a better way to 'cleanly' record the playbook screen? (If I could see it on the PC I could record it)

Thanks for any help

lol - the spell checker suggested 'vampire' for vmplayer. Spell checker has sense of humour.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
twindsor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Using Simulator to mimic standard playbook

If you had an HDMI input on your computer you may be able to hook up the PlayBook and record the signal that way. I'm not really certain about the right software or hardware to use though.

Tim Windsor
Application Development Advisor II
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikemcsharry
My Device: Playbook

Re: Using Simulator to mimic standard playbook

Thanks Tim,

We are looking at this as an option - I'm trying something else over the next few days which may just fit the bill.

Please use plain text.