Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
tunbosun
My Device: Bold 2

Using TextArea IN BBUI.js

Please i would like to know how to implement a textarea in bbui, i tried using it but the screen is displaying blank.
Nothing is showing on the screen

Developer
rorybarnes
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Using TextArea IN BBUI.js

I don't believe textareas have been worked into BBUI.js yet. That said it shouldn't result in a blank screen.

What is the code snippet you are using? Are there any errors in the console?
--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
New Developer
tunbosun
My Device: Bold 2

Thanks, have been able to figue it out.

Developer
barlowdot1
My Device: bold 9900

Please indicate what was the solution. I am interested in how you implemented text area?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10

Hello,

You should be able to use a text area in your app by simply including a <textarea></textarea> tag in your html.  It should not be causing a whitescreen.  If so, I would look in to using Web Inspector to debug what is happening. It's likely just a syntax/markup error.

Check out more info on Web Inspector here: https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/web_inspector_overview_1553586_11.html

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro