Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

TWC
New Contributor
TWC
My Device: Bold & Tourch
My Carrier: t-mobile

Using dialog windows

When using the Webworks dialog window ( https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/apis/blackberry.ui.dialog.html ), we noticed that an opened dialog closes automatically, when the user does not interact with it for 30 seconds. We tried the standardAsk and customAsk dialogs and both closed automatically. However, we need the user to make a choice. Is it possible to keep a dialog open until the user makes a choice?

On a side note, we also tried testing standardAskAsync and customAskAsync to see if this could solve the problem, but these dialogs return the following error message when being opened: "Exception in TypeError: Result of expression 'blackberry.ui.dialog.standardAskAsync' [undefined] is not a function."

Please use plain text.
Developer
rorybarnes
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Using dialog windows

What is the code snippet you are using to launch the dialog?

If you are on developing for smartphone StandardAskAsync and customAskAsync won't work, they are currently Tablet only, which would explain the error you got.

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.