Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Using navigator_invoke to launch Calendar app with newEvent screen on Playbook OS2.0

[ Edited ]

According to the docs for navigator_invoke I should be able to launch the Calendar app from inside my WebWorks app.

I am able to do so by using (blackberry.transport.RemoteFunctionCall), however I am having trouble launching the Calendar app with the correct query params to launch the app at the new event screen.

var remote = new blackberry.transport.RemoteFunctionCall("blackberry/invoke/invoke");
        remote.addParam("appType", "calendar://newEvent?" + "dateStart="+ start +"&dateEnd=" + end + "&loc=" + loc + "&subj=" + summary);
        remote.makeAsyncCall();   

I have a feeling it might be because I'm not giving an accountId query parameter (although the docs do say all parameters are optional :/ ). I imagine this is the accountId of the user, can someone suggest how I may obtain this.

Any insights or advice into this will be much appreciated. 

EDIT:
The docs to which I refer:

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/com.qnx.doc.bps.lib_ref/com.qnx.doc.bps.lib_ref/to...