Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
subhajitdey
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
Accepted Solution

Weather Application Not working in Playbook

Hi everybody

when i am trying to run weather application in blackberry torch simulator it is working properly but same code when i am trying in playbook simulator it is showing some http error not not taking any city name.Can someone suggest me any thing.

Regards Subhajit 

Please use plain text.
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Weather Application Not working in Playbook

The current version of the Weather sample application is for the WebWorks SDK for Smartphone.  It contains functionality that is currently not supported by the WebWorks SDK for PlayBook (uses certain APIs).  This is why you may be seeing errors in it.

We are planning on updating these samples so that they are compatible with both SDKs.  In the meantime, a valuable learning exercise may be exploring what components of this sample do and don't work on PlayBook.  Will help develop a better understanding of how the Weather application works.

Cheers,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
subhajitdey
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

Re: Weather Application Not working in Playbook

Thanks Adam..Thanks for your suggestion..

Please use plain text.