Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
ballowj
My Device: Not Specified

Web Page unecessarily zooming

I have been developing for the 4.7 browser and noticed that even with

<meta name="HandheldFriendly" content="true" /> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />

in the head tag, the device still zooms in on a single click. The click registers because if I hit a link, it zooms and starts to retreive the link. I cannot provide a link because the testing environment I'm working in is private.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ballowj

Re: Web Page unecessarily zooming

I realized this happens when there's an onClick
Please use plain text.
New Developer
mkleiman

[ Edited ]
I can confirm that this occurs any time an onmouseover or onmousedown event is triggered from an element other than an anchor ( <a> ) tag.
Message Edited by mkleiman on 11-23-2008 12:06 AM
Please use plain text.
New Developer
toddm

I've noticed it zoom even if <a> is used so there must be another subtlety to it.  This particular link sends an asynchronous call to the server rather than loading a new page.

<a id="read_unread_788664" onclick="read_unread('788664','saved',1,0)" onmouseover="this.style.cursor='pointer';">Mark Read</a>

I'm not sure if this is a bug or desired behavior.  I certainly don't desire it.  Also, in this example onclick is used instead of onmousedown so I don't know if this has any affect.

If anyone knows how to make this type of html not zoom please reply.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer

[ Edited ]
Try adding an href attribute to the link (i.e. either do <a href="#" onclick="foo"> or <a href="javascript&colonfoo">). In general it seems to me that it won't zoom if the cursor that appears is the "finger" pointer rather than the arrow or zoom cursor, which happens if the href attribute is present on the anchor tag.
Message Edited by staktrace on 2009-01-03 09:22 AM
Please use plain text.
New Developer
toddm

I tried using href and didn't get that to work either.  I forgot to mention I was testing with the Storm and I'm not sure if its browser is different from what the original poster is using.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
spackler

Has anyone figured this out yet?  I REALLY need to solve this problem ASAP for a client.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
spackler

Anyone?  Is this a known issue with the browser, or is this a problem with the HTML code?
Please use plain text.
New Developer
toddm

It certainly seems like a browser issue though maybe there's some magic code to make it work.
Please use plain text.