Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Web-based Browser Emulator?

Hello all,

I am doing some web optimization for the Blackberry and was wondering if there were any web-based emulators for the various phones/browser versions? I have downloaded the desktop emulators, but as I work primarily on OS X, having a web-based version would be a bit simpler.

Also, how is jquery support on the most popular Blackberries? Thanks!

My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Web-based Browser Emulator?

From chapter 10 of BlackBerry Development Fundamentals:

"There are third-party companies that provide access to real devices for testing. If you don't have access to a specific device and need to test on it, you can turn to companies like Device Anywhere (www.deviceanywhere.com) or Perfecto Mobile (www.perfectomobile.com) and test on any of the hundreds of mobile devices they have available online. With these services, you don't get to physically hold the devices you're testing on; the devices are accessed through a web interface but you can test your web application on devices you don't have access to otherwise"

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Web-based Browser Emulator?

How can you install your program on a perfecto mobile bb? I copied my cod file to a bb on their service but couldn't figure out how to install the program.