Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: developer

Web inspector not working on OS 7 devices

Hi,

I am trying to debug a hybrid application built from ripple emulator with web inspector enabled option. The application installed in device successfully and showing ip address and port number as well when click on app icon. Now when i connect device to system with USB cable and try to open the url: http://ipaddressSmiley Tongueort_number in google chrome, it shows error: oops google chrome could not connect to ip address in web inspector.

Please let me know what i am doing wrong.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Web inspector not working on OS 7 devices

Can you first check if you can even connect to that IP address from your computer?

1, Open a command prompt

2. Type "ping <ip address>"

If you see "Request timed out ..." messages then there is a connectivity problem.  Otherwise you should see messages similar to "Reply from <ip address>: ....".

Next, check to make sure that you have Device encryption disabled.  On devices running BlackBerry 7 or 7.1, Web Inspector will NOT work if device encryption is enabled:

https://developer.blackberry.com/bbos/html5/documentation/enabling_webinsp_microsite_1987478_11.html

Finally, you should confirm that the port is not blocked.  You may need to disable the cell radio and use only WiFi instead.  See this docs page for finding the correct IP address to use:

https://developer.blackberry.com/bbos/html5/documentation/getting_started_webinsp_microsite_1987477_...

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: developer

Thanks astanley.

I tried to ping the ip address. It is showing "Request timed out". What should i do now?
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Are you using WiFi or cellular radio on your device?  Recommend disabling cell radio and using WiFi only. Confirm you are using the IP address of your WiFi connection and try again.

If that fails, your network might be blocking the port.  If so you will likely not be able to test on that wireless network.  This is common in some corporate environments where the IT department locks everything down.  If so, try again from a different WiFi environment (e.g. at home?).

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.