Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: Movistar Spain

Web renders different depending on the Server

Hi all,

We've developed a web-app intended for BB devices starting from OS 5.0. When we deployed to PRODUCTION environment, we noticed that on OS 5 and 6 the web rendered slightly different (in terms of layout) than on our TESTING environment: cut off buttons, overlapping texts and so on.

Our TESTING env is an Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) and our PROD env is composed by 2 Apaches/2.2.15 (Unix) behind a Load Balancer.

Looking at the source code after rendering the page on BB's browser (ALT + RBVS on BB 8520 with OS 5.0.0) we've noticed that the code shown is different when we load it from each environment (TESTING vs PROD).

This is part of the source code shown when loading the web-app from our TESTING env. The code shows no line breaks: 

<html><head><title>Whatever the title is</title><meta charset="utf-8"><meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0,%20maximum-scale=1.0,%20user-sacalable=yes"> [...]  <style type="application/vnd.rim.css" src="InternetData0"></style> [...] <script src="InternetData1"></script> [...]

I've noticed two CSS and JS tags that are not in my original source code, and I suspect these are responsible for the different rendering.

This is part of the source code shown when loading the web-app from our PROD env. The code is clear, indented and shows no strange tags: 

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>
  <head>
    <title>Whatever the title is</title>

[...]

I've tryed adding different  viewports and other tags, but I can't get it to render the same way in both environments.

Any idea why this extra vnd.rim.css tag is injected? Do you think this is what causes the differences?

Thanks in advance!