Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
drichardson
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

WebGL doesn't work in Dev Alpha or PlayBook simulator

I have an HTML5 app that uses WebGL.  I was having no success running the app in the Dev Alpha simulator. I tried running it in the simulator's browser, and it just crashes the browser.

I figured it was a problem with the simulator, so I tried in the PlayBook simulator to see if it had a similar problem.

Now, the app runs fine on an actual PlayBook and in the PlayBook's Browser, but it will not run in the simulator nor the simulator's browser.

Running the app from the PB simulator's browser, Web Inspector tells me that there was an "Error creating  WebGL context."  

There is virtually no difference between the BB10 version and the PB version of the app (just the essential differences) so I assume that the problem is the same for the Dev Alpha simulator.

Does anyone else have a problem running WebWorks apps that use WebGL on the PlayBook or Dev Alpha simulator?  Is there a known solution to the problem or must I wait until after launch to test my apps on actual BB10 hardware?

I'm running:

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64 bit)

BlackBerry 10 Simulator BB10_0_09-1101

BlackBerry PlayBook Simulator 2.1.0

BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.3.8

BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
drichardson
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: WebGL doesn't work in Dev Alpha or PlayBook simulator

I recently upgraded VMware Player to the latest version and the problem still exists.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nedudi
My Device: bb10 alpha device
My Carrier: 375297785584

Re: WebGL doesn't work in Dev Alpha or PlayBook simulator

I have the same problems (Dev Alpha) 

Plese try:
http://evanw.github.com/glfx.js

http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webgl/shaders/

Dear RIM, please let us know what happens?

Thanks

Please use plain text.