Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
famu1hundred
My Carrier: AT&T

WebWorks Plugin continues to fail "Access violation" and Olympia File error

I've played with this for quite a while and I can't figure it out. I have a WebWorks application that uses HTML5 LocalStorage. It was working fine on the simulator until I received a Access to violation error. I tried clean.bat, and restarting the simulator...still the same error. Finally I uninstalled and reinstalled the WebWorks plugin. Now I get the error every time I Run As Simulator once for any WebWorks app!! The only way it seems to resolve it is to uninstall and reinstall...surely this can't be the "fix"

Upon running my app however, I do notice the following error in the console:

Olympia::smileytongue:latform::File: error 2 calling open(media/mmc/BlackBerry/system/appdata/rim/webs​torage/appname/database/Databa+++

18:33:23.796 CRIT ses.db)
I have WebWorks Plugin 2.5.1
Windows 7
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: WebWorks Plugin continues to fail "Access violation" and Olympia File error

Hmm... I wonder if it is a Windows 7 UAC protection issue. 

Can you try downloading and installing your desired simulator into a root folder such as "C:\BBSimulators"

I've noticed that the simulators themselves can have some problems with UAC when installed into a protected folder.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Contributor
famu1hundred

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. I will give that a try. I actually have UAC turned off. I'll see if a separate simulator works. Yet, how do I integrate a separate Torch simulator into the WebWorks Eclipse plugin? Or do I just install it, run it, and load the COD file onto the external simulator?

-R

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cezeozue
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Another surprising access problem I had recently had to do with google desktop. You might want to disable that too if you have it running.
Cheers!
Ezeozue Chidube
Seamfix Nigeria Limited (www.seamfix.com)
www.twitter.com/cezeozue
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Carrier: Rogers

famu1hundred wrote:

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. I will give that a try. I actually have UAC turned off. I'll see if a separate simulator works. Yet, how do I integrate a separate Torch simulator into the WebWorks Eclipse plugin? Or do I just install it, run it, and load the COD file onto the external simulator?

-R

If you download and install one of the different simulators, Eclipse should recognize it and allow you to use it in the tool.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Contributor
famu1hundred

The WebWorks seems to be a little different. I dont see the option to select an external simulator. However, in the interim...what I have managed to do is just run the external Torch simulator and load the COD file on it each time before testing. While I still get a .dmp/.bug file for some reason, it seems to allow me to continue testing the application. 

However, the simulator folder gets a .dmp file and a .bug everytime I run it even after cleaning it.

Please use plain text.