Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
sosok
My Device: Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: ATT

Re: WebWorks SDK 1.0.3.8

Yea, there was never anything wrong with the ripple emulator.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bdev222
My Device: Not Specified

With 1.0.3.8 and new beta 4 sim I now get a full screen canvas draws the background image and then goes black

and won't draw anything.  The prev SDK it just wouldn't paint but the background image did show.

Reduce it to 311x211 and it draws okay the same as with the old SDK.

Can someone with a dev alpha say if they get the same issue on the simulator with a 1280x768

landscape canvas but it does show up okay on the dev alpha?

Don't want to resubmit all my apps just to have them rejected again for this bug.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hello all,

For those that aren't aware yet, I just wanted to touch base regarding the BlackBerry 10 <canvas> issues and the impact on the Port-a-Thon.

On the current, public release of the BlackBerry 10 OS, there is an issue where many <canvas> applications will not actually render content. This issue has been addressed and a fix should be implemented in tomorrow's (Dec. 11th) release of the Gold SDK/OS.

My recommendation is to repackage your applications with the Gold SDK release, test with updated simulator, and then resubmit those applications as you're ready.

Also, please note that the Got Game Port-a-Thon approval deadline has been extended to December 23rd. Meaning that your resubmissions, as long as they are approved by that date, will still count to your Port-a-Thon rewards.

This should hopefully provide a little more leeway in re-testing. That being said, to ensure other issues don't impact your approval, it is best to submit sooner than later, that way if there are still issues you would still have time for another resubmission.

Sincere apologies for the <canvas> issues, and fingers crossed for brighter days ahead for us 2D and 3D web devs :-)

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.