Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

WebWorks SDK Beta 3 and Playbook Sim 0.9.4 Issues

We switched over to the new SDK yesterday and I am seeing some really harsh issues.  

First Off,

It seems that exiting an application by clicking hte X on app switcher Does nto truely exit the application.  After exiting we were still seeing a very buggy and not repsonsive version of our application load after we click the application.  Also it was not showing the loading screen.  The only way to get around this was to reboot.

Second,

Our application will open, and load up and then it will simply die with no error message.  It worked the first time, before we stored a large amount of data, and so i am trying to wipe out stored data out to see if that is related. 

Third,

The browser it self seens to have a good number of quirks, after opening it and closing it a few times, it will hang in the opening phase, before the home page and the url box load up.

I am not sure how many of these issues are 0.9.4 related and how many are WebWorks SDK Beta 3.

Is there any way to have a handle on why our application is simply exiting when we try to open it? 

Thanks,

Matt

New Developer
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: WebWorks SDK Beta 3 and Playbook Sim 0.9.4 Issues

[ Edited ]

I am experiencing problems as well!

I had my WebWorks App 95% complete and working solid in the previous SDK & Simulator.

I first installed the new simulator and found my App would not even startup. So then I load up

the new WebWorks SDK and rebuild my App. Now my app loads but everything is screwed up, the screen layout is all wrong new things happen like zooming in when you double click.

My app utilizes HTML, JavaScript, CSS, JQuery Mobile & the HTML5 SQLite database.

I heard possibly a new version of the AIR SDK is out or coming soon, do I need to update that as well?

(I didn't see any information on that on the WebWorks Development page).

I also tried rebuilding the SketchPad demo application and it appears to have layout problems on the new simulator as well.

I should also mention that the Simulator (this version & previous version) was not a smooth install, after installation it restarts and just sits there on the black splash page. I had to leave it in that state

for like 30 minutes and then power down and restart the VM before it would come up.

Regards,

BillC

Developer

Bill, I just grabbed a new version of the Flex SDK I will let you know how that works.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: none

I'll add my $0.02:

0.9.4 VM is not working for me at all...

Had no problem with previous versions, but this time it refuses to boot properly.

I use VMware Player 3.1.3 build-324285, create "other" OS, set memory to 1G, and load the iso.

It boots, installs, reboots, then correct BlackBerry loading screen shows (That black one with rotating and glowing bar), and then... it just gets completly black. All I can do is move mouse pointer around. No reaction to touches or swipes.

Anyone else have this bug?

Developer

I have seen it reported on IRC is really all I can offer for that.  You are not alone.

I am Win7 64bit and I am NOT seeing that issue.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: -

I'm also experiencing this on win7 64bit. Luckily I kept my 0.9.2 vm around, as well as the older sdk installer. It looks like apps built with the new sdk don't work with the 0.9.4 vm, so if you rollback, make sure to do both.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: -

In case you're still having this issue, I was able to fix it by powering down the vm, enabling graphics acceleration and then restarting.

New Developer

For the layout issue it has been posted in the below thread. and it seems that the new simulator changed the default font size. I think for those apps that work well under the previous simulator it can set the default font size globally in the css to hot fix it.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/Did-the-0-9-4-simulator-change-the-device-pix...

BTW, it seems that we should use both the latest version of SDK and simulator together (I used to setup the new SDK and the compiled app cannot work under the old simulator, after I updated it to 0.9.4 it worked well then).

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am also having the same problem i.e unable to start simulator only a splash screen is being displayed when i start the simulator,

has any one got a solution for it ?

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: none

I tried resinstalling the VM from the scratch few times, and finally it worked. Right now, I'm not so sure that I checked "hardware graphisc acceleration" before (yet I'm sure I have turned it on now), so it might be the source of the problem...