Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
kwallis
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

WebWorks SDK for Smartphones v2.3 Released!

Hello everyone!  Today we released version 2.3 of our WebWorks SDK for Smartphones.  With this version, we have improved our memory management algorithms that we introduced in version 2.2.  We have also enhanced the performance of the navigation mode functionality.  Download the latest SDK and rebuild your application, that is all you need to do to take advantage of these improvements.

But we did not stop there.  We have also integrated new BBM APIs to take advantage of the very latest in developments in our BBM Social Platform v6.1.  It is important to note that the latest BBM APIs depend on the end device also having BBM v6.1.

More details on these and the other improvements delivered in this WebWorks SDK v2.3 can be found in our blog post announcing the release.

Also, in case you missed it in the lead up to the Holidays a few weeks ago, we released an update to the Ripple Emulator Beta.  Some much anticipated functionality was delivered, including support for HTML5 audio/video on Windows, the ability to test applications stored on your local filesystem, offline operation of the Ripple Emulator, and much more.  See our blog post for that announcement for more details.

Get downloading!

Ken Wallis - Senior Product Manager, WebWorks and Android Runtime
@ken_wallis
Please use plain text.
New Developer
UserNeo
My Device: 9000

Re: WebWorks SDK for Smartphones v2.3 Released!

Hi WebWorks Team,

thx for the new WebWorks 2.3 version, all my apps running much more faster in focus mode.
Good job :Clap:

cu

UserNeo

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
kwallis
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: WebWorks SDK for Smartphones v2.3 Released!

That's great to hear!  Thanks for taking the time to come back and let us know, it is always appreciated. :smileywink:

Ken Wallis - Senior Product Manager, WebWorks and Android Runtime
@ken_wallis
Please use plain text.