Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
Kanduc
My Carrier: Developer

WebWorks and Facebook

Hi, i want to develope an app for blackberry 6,  that can connect with facebook. I tried to use oauth but it didn't work. Please, someone can give and example or another solution!!!!

I really need it 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Carrier: Bell

Re: WebWorks and Facebook

Hello,

I wrote a sample app that shows you how to connect with Facebook via OAuth.  While this sample is geared towards BlackBerry 10, the lessons in it will apply to previous OS's as well.

https://github.com/ctetreault/BB10-WebWorks-Samples/tree/master/FaceBook-OAuth-2

This should get you started off in the right direction.  If you get stuck, please provide as much detail as possible so we can help troubleshoot.

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kanduc
My Carrier: Developer

Hi chadtatro, thanks for sharing your app.

A have a question, your sample opens a pop-up window right?

a pop-up window works on a BB device??

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Carrier: Bell

Yes it does.  I'm not sure how that will translate exactly to BB6 but hopefully I did a good job showing you the "flow" of the application.

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.