Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
dragos_cosmineanu
My Device: Playbook developer

WebWorks application freezes when loading page with select

Hello,

I have a problem with my WebWorks application developed for Playbook with jquerymobile. In one page I have a form containing a select menu. When I load this page , application freezes once every  two or three cases. 

On my computer application works well when run in Chrome.

Any ideas?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10

Re: WebWorks application freezes when loading page with select

Hello,

It's pretty much impossible to just guess why this might be happening.

The best thing you could do, is to enable debug mode, then check with Web Inspector to see what's happening.  There may be and explanation in the console.log that you're not able to see right now.

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/web_inspector_overview_1553586_11.html

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
New Contributor
dragos_cosmineanu
My Device: Playbook developer

Thank you for your reply.

I've been using web inspector for a while , but in this case it doesn't say anything in console.

I have found this post http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Webworks-app-freezes-on-PlayBook... and eliminated rim:loadingScreen onFirstLaunch="true" from configuration. 

Now it seems to be working well but I don't see it as a solution as it doesn't offer an explanation and I don't find such a behavior normal.

Contributor
dheerajjoshi1991
My Device: Torch

Can you please elaborate more