Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: WebWorks for Smartphone SDK v2.1.1 update - Web Inspector!

baxberry wrote:
installed the 2.1 SDK thought i will resolve the fact i cant access some API's such as blackberry.audio and blackberry.audio.player but am disappointed it didn't, anybody with a solution ?

5) Can you post up a small sample HTML page including your JavaScript and a config.xml that reproduces the problem.

Hi baxberry,

Can you post up the following information.  Our tests for blackberry.audio are passing on BB5, BB6 & BB7 so there must be something specific to your scenario that we need to get to the bottom of

1) Does this problem exist on the physical device, simulator or both?

2) Which device OS version are you using down to the last digit eg. 5.0.0.345

3) Which device model number are you using?

4) What type of file format are you attempting to play with the audio API?  There can be different codecs shipped on CDMA vs GSM devices.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
tneil

genvej wrote:

Updated but meeting a lot of issues

All my apps now flicker white when navigating between pages remote and local. It could be fixed in previous versions with a background color equal to the app background color.

Apps now get memory error more often than before! :-(

I have a background app that now just exits without any apparent reason (worked fine in previous versions)

I have yet to meet anything in the 2.1.1 that I actually need

Hi genvej,

Which OS version are you experiencing the flicker on.. BB5, BB6, BB7 or all of them?  We fixed a bug (I can't remember off hand if it was in v2.1 or v2.1.1) where if you weren't using WebWorks Loading Screens the screen would wait for all the content on the new page to load before rendering it.  This was creating the user experience of slow page load times.  The correction made in that bug was the following pseudo code:

onNavigateToNewURL() {

if (appUsingLoadingScreens()) {
    ShowLoadingScreen()
    WaitForContentToLoad();
    PaintWebView();
  }
  else {
    PaintWebViewWhileContentLoading();
  }
}

For the other issues you're experiencing can you start a new thread to dig into them..

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
tneil

juanluep wrote:

Is it possible to debug webkit devices with 5.0?

5.0 devices do not run WebKit so Web Inspector is not a possibility

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
baxberry
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: mtnsa

Hi tneil

I dont  seem to have some APIs available on my config.xml>permision>add feature, in particular the blackberry.audio and blackberry.audio.player. Ive also noticed that even the blackberry.identity hides sometimes. is there a way of accessing these (audio and audio.player) API's on my config.xml>permision>add feature wizard ? Please find below my development environemt tools:

Plug-in :Blackberry webworks  2.5.1

Sdk;  Blackberry webworks 1.5.1

IDE: eclipse helios

In simple terms my problem is @ ecplise/webworks level>permision>add feature. i dont have the blackberry.audio API. did upgrade to webworks sdk 2.1 but the same.

Thx in advance.

Please use plain text.
tneil

Hi baxberry,

No there isn't a way to add these to the Eclipse Plug-in.  The Plug-in only supports up to v2.0 of the WebWorks SDK.

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
baxberry

Hi tneil,

well i was hoping my problem would be resolved one way or the other as i really need to use this API howeva i will resolve by going the command line route.

could you check if this sdk download link is legit:
https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=DC727151E5D55DDE1E950767CF86...

thx
Please use plain text.
New Developer
baxberry

meant command line / xml/html route
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
jeffheifetz
My Device: Bold

You can download the SDK from here - http://us.blackberry.com/developers/browserdev/widgetsdk.jsp

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
Developer
lasterra
My Device: Not Specified

my webwork app compiled with /d param start, show the message that said the IP:smileytongue:ORT of web inspector, but then stoped. It only show the load image and doesn't continue.

I'm testing on a real device, BB9900 os7, and i compiled with webworks 2.1.1. The application runs perfectly without the /d flag.

I also tryied to use the web inspector in an HTML web page, directly from the browser,developer tools-->enable web i nspector... i open the broser on that port. I get the title of the webpage, but when i click on it i only see a white screen with a search box and web inspector icons...but no html code or something like that.

any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rtholmes
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

I am seeing the same problem. I compile and sign my app with Webworks v2.2 using the debug flag, but when I launch the app in the Bold 9900 simulator I just get a white screen. A dialog is displayed that tells me to connect to the web inspector on 1.0.0.127:1338, but that doesn't work. Connecting to 127.0.0.1:1338 brings up the name of my app, but when I click on it (in Chrome or Firefox) I just get a new page with a search dialog and two small buttons on the bottom but otherwise a plain white canvas.

I know my app is running because alert dialogs I have set for debugging are popping up, but the screen in the app is otherwise blank as well. When I access the app in the regular browser it works ok so I'm not sure what the problem is or how to go about debugging it.

Did you figure out your problem in the end?

Please use plain text.