Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
d_source
My Device: Not Specified

Webworks SDK for smartphones and tablets

Hi all,

I created an app for playbook with the Webworks SDK for playbook. I want to create an app for smartphones but for some reason thesmartphone SDK will not install. Keeps giving an error saying I need java 1.6.x installed (which it is) and I can't get around it. Can I use the playbook SDK for smartphone apps? Can I just install a smartphone simulator?

I have 2 smartphones 8830 running OS4.5 and 9300 running OS6) and soon to have a plybook, how do i test my app directly on the devices and stop wasting my time testing on the simulators?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
d_source

Re: Webworks SDK for smartphones and tablets

[ Edited ]

Anyone have any luck installing the Webworks SDK 2.0 for smartphones? How do I get around the error i've listed above? Windows 7 x64

THX

Please use plain text.
Developer
d_source

Re: Webworks SDK for smartphones and tablets

Figured out how to send an app to my device, but in order for it to work, the app needs to be signed. I have my CSJ signing key from my playbook app, can i use that to sign my COD files for smartphones or do I need to apply for a CSI file?

BTW - Still no luck installing smartphone SDK on the Win7 machine. Had to install in on my WinXP pro 32 bit machine and now i have to go back and forth like a dummy. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.