Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
coodey
My Carrier: Orange

Webworks apps not displaying

I'm trying to create a HTML5 application.  I've included the config.xml file yet when i install it onto the simulator and try and load it, it just shows the home screen.  It does this also for the sketchpad demo application which i have downloaded.

I downloaded all the latest files this weekend and im using windows 7. Does anybody have any ideas, as i feel like im hitting a wall with this now.

Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Webworks apps not displaying

did u download the new 0.9.4 simulator and sdk?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coodey

I thought that I had this as i downloaded the simulator on saturday night.  Typically the new update wasn't released until Monday.  I'll download that this evening and give it a bash.

Cheers for brining my attention to that.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coodey

[ Edited ]

right i've downloaded the software.  repackaged my app and installed it on the updated simulator but it still displays an invisible app when i load it up.

When i 'swoosh' up from the base to close the app, it displays an outline of an empty box with a red cross to close the app but nothing inside.

Any one any more ideas??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coodey

Can anybody assist with this?  Even if it's just a case of sending me the bar file that works on their simulator to test on mine.

Please use plain text.
Developer
levidehaan

When i get the invisi app i restart vmware and it clears up the issue

have you tried that?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coodey

Unfortunately that hasn't worked either.  Dont suppose you have the sample bar file that works on yours do you that you can email me do you ajcoode at yahoo dot co dot uk. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
Silaryn
My Carrier: Verizon

I am experiencing the same problem. My WebWorks apps worked fine with 9.3, but when I downloaded the latest SDK and Simulator 9.4 my apps display as invisible. They still work fine in the 9.3 version simulator. I tried reinstalling the SDK and simulator with the same result.

Please use plain text.