01-09-2013 05:35 AM
I am trying to port one of my existing Webworks apps to BB10 webworks however there are a couple of APIs that i cannot seem to find equivalents for in webworks for BB10
(1) blackberry.app.requestForeground : I cannot find any info on what its replacement is in bb10 webworks. The question is : it it even possible to make your app force itself into the foreground any longer? and if so how can i accomplish it in webworks for bb10
(2) device vibration : i see references to a navigator.vibrate() function. Is this actually all i have to do in webworks for bb10? that would be great. Appreciate a Yes or No answer to this question.
(3) i had a custom java extension for notification led support : however i see that the community has an custom extension available for bb10 webworks to allow this. Why is this not yet built into webworks for bb10?
Thank you guys for your response.
01-09-2013 09:06 AM
1) Not possible on the platform. You can use the notification APIs to alert the user and launch your app from the notification.
2) Yes - for example, navigator.vibrate(1000) will vibrate for 1 second
3) That hasn't been put on the roadmap yet.
02-09-2013 08:14 AM
Thank you for your reply. I have since gotten a fair bit into my devlopment. However i need two questions desperately answer.
1) Does ripple support the community extensions? I downloaded the community.led extension and followed all instructions to install, put the feature id in my config.xml and ripple throws an exception saying "community not defined" or something similar
2) I cannot get ripple to understand navigator.vibrate. It simply reports [object] [object] [Object] has no method 'vibrate'
the code im using is simply navigator.vibrate(1000);
i would appreciate any help in these matters.