Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
niros
My Device: Simulator

Webwroks - Best way to debug?

Hi All,

I am kind a of newbie, and I have a few questions:
1. what is the best way that you will suggest to debug a webworks project on the simulator?
2. is there a way in WebWorks project to write messages to the console?
3. for some reason that I couldn't find yet, I have a project that hangs for 30 sec before it loads on 6OS (on the sim and on Bold real device) but on 5OS on the simulator it runs fast without this issue... sounds familiar to someone?
4. might be related to the issue I am having at (3), but I am getting the following error:

2011-03-26 19:56:18.210 EDT>:[288]:<MDS-CS_MDS>:<DEBUG>:<LAYER = IPPP, ERRORMSG = Invalid, DEVICEPIN:CONNECTIONID = 2100000a:88771465, SEQUENCE = 0, Information = Received Packet for a timed out connection>

does it rings a bell to any one?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
ryanmc
My Device: Blackberry Bold & Pearl

Re: Webwroks - Best way to debug?

I've been doing most of my debugging in Chrome - I mapped the mousedown, mousemove, and mouseup events to their corresponding touch events. It's been working fine - sometimes I find a bug in Chrome that isn't in WebWorks and vice versa.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
niros
My Device: Simulator

Hi ryanmc,

Thanks for the tip, although I am not sure how it will help me...

This issue that I am having only hangs on the simulator and the real device (with OS6), the most important thing to me at the moment is to add some debug messages to understand what is causing that error (which I am only guessing is the source cause of the hanging app). I've tried to us alert('') but as they block the UI, it didn't really help nor really worked in all the cases.

I wish there was a built it way to do that. I am using the Eclipse plugin and I was able to actually load it in debug mode and kind of run it via the debugger (with OS5 in the simulator), but as I am loading 3rd party libraries (such as prototype), I am unable to figure which part is causing the error (it is not the best debugger in the world...).

Please use plain text.
Developer
levidehaan
My Device: Not Specified

Hey niros, I wrote a tutorial on debugging in playbook browser might work on phone as well

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/HowTo-Debug-in-BlackBerry-WebWorks-for-Tablet...

if you find this useful give me some kudos :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.