Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: At&T
Accepted Solution

What are the feature supported by BB 10 HTML5WebWorks?

Hi,

I need to develop an enterprise application with bellow features in the first phase of development:

I targeted BB 10 HTML5WebWorks is my development environment. I want to make sure either bellow features will be supported by webworks or not.

1. Apps Login page – Captures all credentials entered by user.
2. Inactivity and Session Aging – Prompts for re-entry of password after 15 minute inactivity on application.
3. Broadcast Notification – On user login to Application, displays broadcast notifications sent from server.
4.  User Favorites- User can create a list of favorite Web Apps and store them for easy access during later use.

Could you please guide me, what are the above features support by BB 10 HTML5WebWorks and which are not.

Thanks,

Shwarup Biswas
New Contributor
My Device: curve 3G
My Carrier: SFR

Re: What are the feature supported by BB 10 HTML5WebWorks?

4.  User Favorites- User can create a list of favorite Web Apps and store them for easy access during later use:

HTML5 handle it very well with local storage which persists across multi-invocation of the the appli, but is erased if user deletes the appli then re-install it.

For instance to save the var foto="http://www.mydomain.com/myphoto", call javascript function:    localStorage.setItem("keyfoto",foto);

later restore with

localStorage.getItem("keyfoto")

Developer

hi,

"1. Apps Login page – Captures all credentials entered by user."

The Apps Login Page will come from server and i need to display it on WebView. When user submit the page i need to grab user credintials from that page.

Will it be possible using HTML5WebWorks?

Thanks,

Shwarup Biswas
Retired
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Virgin

1. Apps Login Page: You can create an HTML login page as your landing page for the App(In much the same way you would a website login page). Check credentials on your server that were posted ie: username/password then redirect to the appropriate page if there login is successfull. Does that make sense?

Does this answer point 1?

@erikjohnzon
erjohnson@blackberry.com
Developer

Thank erikjohnzon for your suggestion.

Thanks,

Shwarup Biswas