Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Regular Contributor
senimii
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: 447713279379

What is SlogInfo output on BB10 device

I deployed my application on a BB10 device, but upon closing it, I get the message below:

This application generated  navigator conformance issue messages. Please review sloginfo output on app termination for details.

What does it mean please?

NFC on my mind!!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: What is SlogInfo output on BB10 device

Hi there,

That message *should* only crop up if there has been some sort of "weird" interaction with the Navigator. My explanation probably isn't more specific than the original error message. Are you using any particular UI frameworks in your app? There may be some potential issue there, but then again, it may just be that it's an Alpha build :-)

Do you happen to have a small, shareable application that you could post the source for that generates this message?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
senimii

Thank you for the reply, I am only using Webworks to package an Android plugin running on PhoneGap platform. Not using any special UI.

NFC on my mind!!
Please use plain text.
oros

In that case I would hold out on investigating this error for the time being. If you still see it following the next incremental OS update for the BB10 Dev Alpha, I would advise revisiting then. I heard of a KB being worked on to provide more information on this, I'll follow-up to see if I can get you more information on this in the meantime.

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
senimii

Thank you so much, although I have got loads of bugs from developing the app on the BB10 device.

However, I am optimistic that it will work fully on it.

Kind regards

NFC on my mind!!
Please use plain text.
oros

After some digging, the sloginfo prompt can show up if the application is doing something / interacting with the OS / navigator in a non-friendly way. Knowing this, we can take a look at our applications to see if anything out of the ordinary is being attempted (menu swipe workarounds, etc.) or potentially investigate the frameworks. However, there is an article underway which should shed some more light on this; so until then I would advise simply clicking through if you're unable to work out the cause.

What sort of bugs are you seeing? Anything we can try helping with?

Please use plain text.