Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
leocrawf
My Device: bolt2

What to do when app works in ripple but not in emulator

Hi you all,

As i have been reading about future plans for ripple to replace other emulators for webworks, a thought came to me as I am faced with a situation. How do you debug an app that works on ripple but not on emulator. I am pretty sure if it does not work on emeulator it also will not work on the device, however it works on ripple. This is for more html5 stuff like database. I have an app that does work perfectly on ripple but does not work in emulator. Unless ripple can really emulate the phones O.S it's really just a browser window with a phone skin. Dont get me wrong,  I rather use ripple because its so much easier to use but its less accuarate compared to the other BB emulatrors. I hope that the ripple emulator will be much improved in the near future.

Please use plain text.
Retired
jeffheifetz
My Device: Bold

Re: What to do when app works in ripple but not in emulator

Hi leocrawf,

You bring up an excellent point, that ripple will only ever get you so far, although there are improvements coming in the future.

To help you with your problem, could you tell me what OS you are developing for?

Is the feature thats not working on the emulator HTML5 Databases (if this is the case have you looked through the forums, there have been several people making similair comments but they just weren't using the API properly).

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
Retired
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: What to do when app works in ripple but not in emulator

Also, if you are using an OS5 simulator you will need to simulate an SD card in order for the HTML5 database to work.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.