Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Where can I download blackberry webworks sdk for smartphone without it crapping in it's pants

I have been trying to download blackberry webworks SDK for smartphone for more than 24 hours primarily because I wanted to submit my already submitted playbook app for smartphones also but because of some weird internal reasoning it is hosted in a server which cannot resume downloads despite being 3 times the size then other developer tools , it is nowhere to be found in torrents and other places which I suppose is expected, but can someone just link it up so that I can download it,

The major problem seems the server seems to disconnect after an hour or less everytime I start download for some kind od stupid reason and I have to restart again, I am not a beginner and have gone through setting development environment for playbook whhich in itself is a major challenge, can somebody help me out.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Where can I download blackberry webworks sdk for smartphone without it crapping in it's pants

Heya,

Very sorry to hear you are having trouble downloading the tools.  We want you to be able to get these resources as much as you do, so will try to provide a resolution if possible.  You are correct, for licensing and distribution reasons there should be no external mirrors where you can find these tools.

We will escalate this offline with our admin guys and see if we can troubleshoot the download servers for issues, however can you please provide some information to help with this investigation:

1) What country or region are you located in?

2) Have you tried downloading other files from BlackBerry devzone (similar results, or is it just the WebWorks SDK)?

3) Do you have an estimate for the start / end time(s) of when you attempted to download?

4) What is the download / upload speed of your internet connection (may seem like a silly question, but past developers have reported issues that turned out to be related to extremely slow transfer speeds)?

Hang in there, we'll do what we can to help.

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Contributor

Re: Where can I download blackberry webworks sdk for smartphone without it crapping in it's pants

1) What country or region are you located in?

I am from India.

2) Have you tried downloading other files from BlackBerry devzone (similar results, or is it just the WebWorks SDK)?

I have downlaoded other SDKs , webworks sdk for playbook, blackberry plugin for eclipse and playbook simulator just yesterday, all of them were resumable download and I was able to download quite easily

3) Do you have an estimate for the start / end time(s) of when you attempted to download?

yesterday I tried over a period of 24 hours more than 5 times, sometimes download cut-off at 6% or sometimes at 36%

4) What is the download / upload speed of your internet connection (may seem like a silly question, but past developers have reported issues that turned out to be related to extremely slow transfer speeds)?

I have download speed of 60KB/s or 512Kbps and I easily get around this speed whenever I download anything.

I assume it can be considered slow speed, but I have no issues downloading from your site except for some downloads.

I assume I answered your questions...

Contributor

At least acknowlege that this is a problem, I know you guys are super busy but take some time and say that problem is from your side , I know being from a third world country brings it's own problems and I accept that, but by patiently trying to download your SDK and waiting for an answer for more than 20 days I have done my part , so just say that you are not sure about what might be the problem so that I can assume you guys are as helpless as I am.