Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
vbolisetti
My Device: Not Specified

Which approach to take while developing the black berry application

Hi,

I am new blackberry development.from past few days i have gone through different pdfs provided by the blackberry site.with my little knowledge i came to know that we can do browser application,java application, web development and web loader.

I am really confused to take the which one to go for.My requirement is i have one application which is built using dotnet and i want to this application to get accessed using blackberry.it is health care project.

So now can any one tell me what procedure follow to achieve this.main aim of project is doctor can connect through his blackberry and feed the patient info as well he can see his schedules.some data need to searched.

and i am java developer so looking for good response from experienced people in this forum.

Thank you in advance

vijay kumar

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: Which approach to take while developing the black berry application

I'm not sure you've provided enough information to provide an answer. You can build a browser application or a Java application - it all depends on the skills you have and the requirements for the application. You can do about anything with either technology.

If you need to work with data locally while disconnected (as many Doctors may) you should build a Java application although some of the capability can be provided by a BlackBerry Widget using SQLite.

Please use plain text.